Do not take Fiorinal if you have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as:
- Isocarboxazid (Marplan®)
- Phenelzine (Nardil®)
- Tranylcypromine (Parnate®)
in the last 14 days. Dangerous sedation could result.
Fiorinal may increase the effects of other drugs that cause drowsiness including:
- sedatives (used to treat insomnia)
- pain relievers
- anxiety medicines
- muscle relaxants
Tell your doctor about all medicines that you are taking, and do not take any
medicine unless your doctor approves.
Dangerous side effects may occur if aspirin is taken with any of the following
- warfarin (Coumadin®)
- probenecid (Benemid®)
- sulfinpyrazone (Anturane®)
- ibuprofen (Motrin®, Advil®, Nuprin®)
- ketoprofen (Orudis®, Orudis KT®, Oruvail®)
- naproxen (Naprosyn®, Anaprox®, Aleve®)
- choline salicylate and magnesium salicylate
- prednisone (Deltasone®)
- prednisolone (Prelone®, Pediapred®)
- methylprednisolone (Medrol®)
- dexamethasone (Decadron®)
- glipizide (Glucotrol®)
- glyburide (Micronase®, Diabeta®, Glynase®)
Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are
taking any of the medications listed above.
Many other medicines contain aspirin, especially over-the-counter pain, fever,
cold, and allergy medications.
Too much aspirin can be very dangerous.
Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with Fiorinal.
This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors.
Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor. Talk to your
doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines.