WRITING TIPS & GUIDELINES
Submissions may be edited before being published and in some cases, may not be
published. Posts that are edited or not published did not meet at least one of
the following guidelines.
The Living With Fibromyalgia & CFS/ME feature is for sharing personal
experiences and is not a good place to ask questions or make requests.
Contact Us for questions or
The following items will not be posted:
- Medical questions
- Potentially harmful advice such as "never listen to doctors."
- Identifying information, including full names, locations, e-mail addresses
- Information or links that are included for personal gain or other
- Threats of violence
- Racism or Hatred
- Negative comments towards others who have posted their stories
- Material that has been published elsewhere
- Stories that are submitted in a language other than English
Other visitors can benefit from your experience, so please include information such as
- What have you gained from your experience?
- What things do you wish you had known earlier?
- What strategies have you used to improve your situation?
- What treatments worked for you?
- What treatments have not helped?
Keep in mind that the following writing styles can be difficult for some people to read:
- Text-messaging style, with mostly abbreviations
- All caps
Thank you for following these guidelines and helping to create an effective source
of support and information for our readers. If your post was not published, you may
edit it and submit it again.
Help someone by sharing your story now.